Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sitting Sidesaddle

My approach to blogging is to randomly write down whatever title pops into my head and expand on that topic. That's my approach for tonight, anyway. Tomorrow my theme might be limericks or politics or...asterisks? (I only recently discovered that I have been saying, very incorrectly, "astericks." Somebody finally axed me to say it right.)

I don't really know much about riding sidesaddle, except that it must be very uncomfortable. Necessary for those wearing hoop skirts, but uncomfortable nonetheless.



I would have been the renegade woman in the early wild west, wearing pants and riding my horse like I meant it. No man would want me, because I could beat them all at arm wrestling.

But, Mom- you know this, what I really would have done is run off to join the Indians.

No comments: