Friday, January 26, 2007

coffeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I decided today that I would really get something accomplished. You know, clean the house- paint that mural I've been thinking about since August '05- make myself a website- get all my homework DONE...

So I started with one cup of coffee. Then two. Then some fudge (Neutron Cow's idea...thanks...) By the time I had finished half of my third cup, I was dancing around Little Brother singing "Three LITTLE speckled frogs SITTING on a hollow log..." Needless to say, I haven't gotten any homework done.

There is a delicate balance between not-enough-coffee and waaaaay too much. I've tried quitting before. But, as Boy Ferret's first Christmas gift to me was a gigantic stuffed Starbucks bear, I don't think I will ever try it again. Ever. My parents both drank coffee, my grandparents, probably my great-grandparents too. You see, in Minnesota, coffee goes with everything.

That was the only thing Boy Ferret really enjoyed about the cold city. He loves coffee as much as my mom does- which is saying a lot- and doesn't stop to wonder whether it really goes well with pepperoni pizza. (uh, yeah it does...duh?)

According to good ole' Wiki, 90% of North Americans ingest caffeine every day. And, I have just learned, it is found in the beans, leaves, and fruit of over 60 plants, where it acts as a natural pesticide that paralyzes and kills certain insects feeding on the plants. If you're worried at all about going bald, try drinking 60 cups a day...that'll stop the DHT that damages hair follicles.

And hey- check this out...
"Some people seeking caffeine intoxication resort to insuffilation (snorting) of caffeine powder, usually finely crushed caffeine tablets. This induces a faster more intense reaction. The symptoms of caffeine intoxication may include restlessness, nervousness, excitement, insomnia, flushing of the face, increased urination, gastrointestinal disturbance, muscle twitching, a rambling flow of thought and speech, irregular or rapid heart beat, and psychomotor agitation."

So now you know, if you ever wish to induce gastrointestinal disturbance, exactly how to do it.

Which leads to the question....WHAT'S THE POINT??? Um, in case you haven't been paying attention...

I have had too much coffee today.

I just did enough research to write a paper. Unfortunately, I found out nothing about the integration of art therapy techniques in the special education classroom.

But DAMN I'm typing fast!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

ZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

If I move to Texas and you buy me a Sobrero will you also dance around me singing silly songs? I have a quota of silly-song and dance routines to fill.

Caroline Houdek said...

You may be interested in this that I blogged about last summer

(and incase my html code didn't work you can copy paste this: http://carolinehoudek.blogspot.com/2006/07/my-artistic-career-in-trouble.html#links

Gotta love those coffee beans! Keep it up Kirsten!