Sunday, June 22, 2008

Drinking and Ebaying

Friends don't let friends drink and Ebay.

I am four glasses of cheap wine in, and finding myself fascinated with retro 80's spandex body suits. Well, maybe not the body suits...but DEFINITELY the bike shorts!

I think I have just had a major craving for my childhood these past few days, as the reality of "Summer Vacation" has gradually sunk in. Oh, have you noticed that I haven't posted for almost a year? Could be the whole "first-year-teacher" craziness, mixed with teaching community ed night school classes and that little matter of grad school. I have been a tiny bit busy.

But NO EXCUSE! I could have spared 10 minutes a month...

Ahhhhh....no time now for repentance. The blog must move forward! So I repeat: I LOVE SPANDEX!!!

But the bod must follow the passion. Remember Jim? Poor Jim. I've been cheating on him with Ben. And I also had a fling a while back with Jerry. I visited Jim exactly once during my adventure teaching this first year of high school, and immediately afterward...I puked. Dammit Jim, I thought we were friends!

But tomorrow baby, it's all us. Us and the new collection of Flogging Molly...yeah...

I think that's all I've got in me for tonight. I feel like I should recap my year, but as our friend Inigo would say...well, you know the drill...

1. Crazy kids need love too
2. Crazy kids sometimes try to jump off balconies
3. It is my legal and ethical obligation to stop them
4. There are some babies I can't help
5. There are others I can...and will...
6. There are other teachers out there who will dance on tables with me
7. I sometimes feel like a hypocrite telling my students to behave
8. Jason buys me emeralds when I come home crying for a week straight
9. My bosses agree with me that I should cry more often
10. I have found a place where I can do some good

Ahhhhhh...how's THAT for therapy?!? 2 more months of freedom...stay tuned...

1 comment:

Amber said...

I love you! I'm so proud of you. Dive into Ben (I know I just did)...or Jerry. mmm....or some horny toes. That always gets me going.

MWAH!